Just a bunch of random thoughts, realizations and things going on in my life. There's no particular order....
- It's a month later than I planned, but I finally finished season three of Battlestar Galactica and BG: Razor. I just need to sit back and hope that there will be a mid-season break in season four that will let me catch up with the episodes before they finish out the season. I watched some of the extras on Razor today... the most interesting/disconcerting thing I found in them? Hearing Jamie Bamber speak with his natural British accent.
- Yesterday began the great apartment hunt in earnest. This is going to be more frustrating than I initially feared. The cost of 1-bedroom apartments in this area is outrageous, and if I'm going to get something I can truly afford without feeding Tank and myself nothing but Ramen every night, it's looking like I'm going to have to bite the bullet and get a place even farther away from DC and with a longer commute for work.
- The upcoming move is a real mixed bag of emotions for me right now. I'm excited, nervous and apprehensive about it all at the same time. There are plenty of reasons for this emotional hodge-podge, but the one that really hit me like a ton of bricks recently is that I've never actually lived by myself before. Yes, I will have Tank for four days out of seven, but it's the first time I'll be the only adult in the house.
- I did start packing today. One of the things about owning so many books, DVDs and CDs is that you really are better off getting a head start on getting them packed away.
- I've actually been getting plenty of reading done recently -- a byproduct of recently coming to an agreement with nannygirl regarding Tank's care (I mentioned it in passing a little earlier in this post). That's good news for Some Fantastic, which means I should be getting back up to speed on my review writing and actually keeping current with all the behind the scenes administrative stuff that I need to do for the 'zine.
- There was more I meant to write, but I can't remember it now. I'll make additional later if they occur to me.