July 27th, 2009

Stoic Moose

More on This Anon

I've actually known about this for about a week now, but I didn't want to post anything until I felt ready to start realistically dealing with it. The short version is chances are very good that I will no longer have a job at major defense contractor come beginning of January. It's not an absolute certainty, but the chances are such that it would be really stupid of me to count on somehow keeping my job when that time comes. There is some good news out of this -- mainly being that I have six months to job hunt and with Tank leaving daycare in a month, I will be in position to seriously set aside cash in a rainy day fund. There's also a chance that I might be able to leverage this into leaving Northern Virginia, a region I intensely disdain and can't wait to leave.

I'll post more about this sometime soon.