- When listening to Fountains of Wayne's "Denise" on the iPod earlier today, I realized that hand claps are becoming a lost art in modern rock.
- One of my LJ friends (I'm not saying whom) posted about wearing underwear with a cupcake pattern. I'm not entirely sure, but if I actually saw a woman wearing only cupcake underwear and holding a tray of cupcakes, I'm pretty certain I would try to devour her and the cupcakes simultaneously.
- Because I'm not a huge country music fan, it didn't reach my attention until very recently, but the Sugarland cover of "Life in a Northern Town" is just amazing. I don't think I would go so far as to call it my favorite cover ever, but it is certainly really high on my list of all-time best covers.
- I saw an Obama sticker on one of my co-worker's cars in the employee parking lot today. This is a big deal given that I work at a major defense contractor where there are plenty of cars that still proudly display their Bush-Cheney '04 sticker. (Really, if my work environment and my manager weren't so wonderful, I'd lose a lot of sleep over who employs me.)
- Right now, there are very few things in this world better than singing along to Barenaked Ladies songs in the car with Tank... and I'm talking about their standard material, not just their kid's album. It's really cool when he does this with "Wind It Up" -- he sings the chorus at the top of his lungs when he does so.
- I know it's just a programming glitch, but I find it very disconcerting when the vending machine at work tells me to "make another selection" and refuses to give up the Kit Kat bar that I have inserted enough money for and entered the right selection code for. This has been going on for months, and I'm starting to worry that it's the first sign that the machines are becoming self-aware and are ready to revolt.
Now With More Hand Claps
Just realized that I haven't been providing links to entries over at my new online home. Here are some of the posts that I've written since…
In response to the new terms and conditions, I am moving my incredibly inconsistent blogging to a new home on Wordpress: The Talking Moose. This…
Loss since last weigh-in (3/21): 0.8 lb 2017 Cumulative loss: 16.6 lb Pounds from goal: 6.8 lb On one hand, I should be happy with these numbers.…