- Yesterday Mrs. Moose, Tank and I met a couple friends for brunch at a Silver Diner. While there, I noticed that the back of the menu listed all their locations. One of them stuck out like a sore thumb: Cherry Hill, NJ. Anyone who has spent more than 24 hours in the state of NJ can tell you that the last place in the universe that you should build a restaurant that's trying to resurrect "old time diners" is in the state where they still rule. Especially in a location so close to the ultimate South Jersey Diner: Olga's.
- I expect a few "Amens" from people on my LJ list who either grew up, once lived or still reside in South Jersey.
- Really, I mean that.
- Last night while watching the MST3K episode "Deathstalker And The Warriors From Hell," Mrs. Moose recognized the actor who played Hawk in the last season of Buck Rogers. I am in awe of her abilities. It's one thing to pick Kim Catrall, Ernest Borgnine, James Earl Jones, a member of the Estevez/Sheen clan, or even Eddie Deezen out of a MST3K episode. It's quite another to pick out someone of Thom Christopher's magnitude.
- I am so glad that yesterday's Eagles game was the first one this season not televised in the DC area.
- For a very brief, flickering moment yesterday, I felt slightly sorry for Braves fans. That moment was followed by my cursing the fact that it could've been the Phillies doing that to the Braves had Billy Wagner had just saved one of the Phillies-Astros games in September like he was paid to.
- Who am I kidding... The Braves would've pwned the Phillies, despite the fact the Phils played well against them during the regular season.
- Today I'm finally attempting to squeeze gym time into my post-job change schedule. More about this in a future post.
- BNL and Ben Folds are both playing at the Meyerhoff Symphony Hall in Baltimore in November. Unfortunately, we can't afford to go to both shows -- especially since we spent $120 on fan club seating on the BNL show before I found out about Folds. One of these days I'll see Ben Folds live. It's now on my list of stuff to do before I die.
- That list also includes bungee jumping, which has been on the list for over 10 years. Maybe the list needs revising.
- I'm glad the White Sox are now in the ALCS. I prefer the stoicism their fans have shown since their last World Series title over the whining, hair-tearing complaining the Red Sox fans engaged in during most of the 20th century.
- I have no zinger to end this post with. So there.
Some Random Stuff
Just realized that I haven't been providing links to entries over at my new online home. Here are some of the posts that I've written since…
In response to the new terms and conditions, I am moving my incredibly inconsistent blogging to a new home on Wordpress: The Talking Moose. This…
Loss since last weigh-in (3/21): 0.8 lb 2017 Cumulative loss: 16.6 lb Pounds from goal: 6.8 lb On one hand, I should be happy with these numbers.…