- The Democrats won the governor races in New Jersey and Virginia;
- The Democrats picked up seats in the VA state assembly;
- A real Democrat handed the "Democrat" mayor of St. Paul, MN (who stupidly endorsed Bush last year) his ass by a 69% to 31% margin;
- All eight of the right-wing nuts on the Dover, PA school board who insisted on putting "intelligent" design into the curriculum were sent home, and will hopefully receive the remedial education they desperately need;
- Voters in Maine upheld a gay rights law; and
- All four of Schwarzenegger's ballot initiatives in CA went down in flames.
Here's to hoping that this is a series of good omens for 2006.