- I think I'm getting more crotchety as my age advances. Target is quickly moving toward the list of organizations that I won't give my money to. Why? Because they're lamely trying to use the Civil Rights Act of 1964 as an excuse to defend their pharmacists who refuse to dispense emergency contraception, Plan B. Hey, religious nut whack-jobs can believe whatever they want, but if they feel certain medications are immoral then maybe they shouldn't become pharmacists. The CEO of Target should be ashamed of himself for his ridiculous defense of this practice.
Edit to Add, 4:30 PM: I am officially boycotting Target so long as they continue to allow pharmacists to refuse to dispense Plan B to rape victims and anyone else who presents a valid prescription for it.
- Kim Stanley Robinson is reading and signing at the Bailey's Crossroads Borders tomorrow night. I'm making the same offer I always do for book signings I attend: if you can't make it but would like me to get one of his books signed, send me an email and we can work out the details. If you can go, send me an email so we can hang out together during the signing.
- I haven't officially gone into Christmas mode just yet, but this morning I took the time to finally listen to the holiday tracks on Fountain of Wayne's Out-of-State Plates. I purposely avoided listening to the tracks since purchasing the album a few months ago, and I'm glad I did. Otherwise, I'd already be tired of listening to "I Want An Alien For Christmas" -- this is immediately going into heavy rotation on my iPod, which I am starting to load up with various holiday tunes for the season. Seriously, if you have an iTunes account, download this song immediately. If you don't like it, I will personally reimburse your $0.99 via PayPal.
- BNL is coming to Baltimore in two weeks. As can be expected, I am very excited and looking forward to catching the show from my second row seats. I'm also looking forward to picking up Barenaked on a Stick when I get there. Now, if they'd just finish up that new album and release it as soon as possible, all will be well in the music world.
- Last night Mrs. Moose and I caught the last half on "Half-Ton Man" on Discovery Health. While it certainly put some perspective on my issues regarding keeping my own weight in check, it also made me realize again just how common my own issues were. (I actually already knew this, but sometimes getting reminded of such things makes it a easier to deal with said issues.) It's not much, but five days into my born-again resolve to eat properly and exercise all is still going well. While at Target yesterday (for what might be the last time for me) I picked up a bathroom scale due to some doubts I was having about the scale in the fitness center in my building -- more on this when I do my weigh-in post on Thursday.
- When I went for a haircut yesterday, Mrs. Moose sat across from me and had Tank watch. I don't know if it will help him behave any better the next time he gets his hair cut (the last time he cried almost non-stop and fought the hairdresser every step of the way), but it certainly entertained him to watch my hair fall around my feet.
- Although the sentiment may very well change by the end of the season, at this moment I am glad I'm not either a Redskins fan or a Giants fan. I don't know whose loss was demoralizing to their fans, but either way it had to be painful.
- Just because I haven't said it in a while, I really love my wife and son. They are the two biggest reasons why the stress and troubles of my life and world never seem to last long. Well, that and Jayne figuring out his percentage of nothing in the Firefly pilot. :-D
Bullet Points and Parantheticals
Just realized that I haven't been providing links to entries over at my new online home. Here are some of the posts that I've written since…
In response to the new terms and conditions, I am moving my incredibly inconsistent blogging to a new home on Wordpress: The Talking Moose. This…
Loss since last weigh-in (3/21): 0.8 lb 2017 Cumulative loss: 16.6 lb Pounds from goal: 6.8 lb On one hand, I should be happy with these numbers.…