- After much foot dragging from both GEICO and Chrysler Financial, tomorrow I will finally be getting a check for the difference between the Neon's value and how much was still owed on it. I already have the "new" car lined up: a 1998 Chrysler Cirrus with 110,000 miles. Will have about as much in payments as I had on the Neon, and the plan is to run it into the ground. Luckily, given the number of miles I put on a car in a year, provided nothing unexpected happens (like a hit and run) I should have the car for at least a few years.
- Because of the whole car fiasco, this hasn't felt like much of a vacation this week. The fact that I have had to perform some work from home hasn't helped -- nor has the fact that many of those at the office seeking my help have not communicated with me in the manner I requested before the week-long holiday started.
- Tank's favorite plaything since Christmas is actually a year-old toy train set we recently unpacked after initially putting it away shortly after he originally got it last year. At the time, it scared him, but now he loves nothing more than watching it traverse its track and exclaiming, "Choo-choo!"
- We will be leaving for the Philadelphia/Atlantic City area this weekend. Hopefully, the trip will run more smoothly than the Thanksgiving trip up there.
- Unfortunately, I haven't been able to do either the reading or the writing that I had hoped to this week. Still, I have every intention of completing on time all the reviews I intended to finish for the next issue of SF.
- We still haven't gotten all the holiday cards out. I wonder what the statute of limitations is for finishing them.
- Without enumerating them, my family was good to me on Christmas as I did get the things I was most hoping for this year.
- The gift I picked out for Tank for Christmas was The Muppet Show, Season 1. I realize that the choice was likely more about me than him, but damn it, I want him to love the show the way I did when I was a kid.
- Absurd moment of the week: while at Barnes and Noble redeeming a gift card, I ended up going $0.10 over its value. Because I literally didn't have a single penny of cash on hand, I used my bank's check card to pay the additional amount. Given the bank charges incurred by Barnes and Noble in completing the transaction, they would've been better off just letting me walk away without paying it.
- I haven't made any decisions regarding New Year's resolutions. The fact is that I've experienced more than enough stress over the past few weeks, and I don't want to put any additional pressure on myself... for any reason at all.
- On a more positive note, barring complete catastrophe, my fantasy football team over on Yahoo! looks like it should win the five-team league it's in, thus marking the first time any fantasy team of mine has ever taken first place. I only wish the Eagles did half as well this year.
- I have a gut feeling that Phils' GM Pat Gillick isn't done remaking the roster just yet. In particular, it really wouldn't surprise me to see Bobby Abreu in another team's uniform when the 2006 season starts.
- I think that's it, but I will make an effort to make at least one more post before the end of the year.
A Long (But Relatively Concise) Rundown of Many, Many Things
Just realized that I haven't been providing links to entries over at my new online home. Here are some of the posts that I've written since…
In response to the new terms and conditions, I am moving my incredibly inconsistent blogging to a new home on Wordpress: The Talking Moose. This…
Loss since last weigh-in (3/21): 0.8 lb 2017 Cumulative loss: 16.6 lb Pounds from goal: 6.8 lb On one hand, I should be happy with these numbers.…